Pokéman Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sylveon and another eveelution??

+4
PsychoEclipse
dietkoolaid
Admin
Reecey-Boy
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sylveon and another eveelution?? Empty Sylveon and another eveelution?? Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:55 pm

Reecey-Boy

Reecey-Boy

So, as we all know, there's a new Eveelution and as of the of 24th April we do not know what type it is.

Sylveon and another eveelution?? Sylveon_zps84d19c2b

So, what type is she?

Personally, I'm subscribing to the new type theory.

If you're unfamiliar with this theory, it's that a 'Fairy' type will be introduced to the game. This has a fair amount of evidence backing it up, considering that Sylveon's various names are derived from the names for fairies.

This theory also would allow for the recatergorising of a lot of normal type pokemon as 'Fairy' or 'Normal/fairy' like Clefairy and Snubbull, just like Magnemite was changed from Electric to Electric/Steel.

Two other viable theories are that Sylveon is a 'Normal' type, because there are a fair number of pink normal types, or 'Flying'.

So, what do you think Sylveon's type is? And more importantly, why?

There also one other thing to consider.

The last two times that a new eveelution has been presented, they've come in twos: Espeon and Umbreon and then Leafon and Glaceon. And in both of those cases, one has a type advantage against the other.

So, what are we going to be thinking about for the other eveelution, if there is indeed going to be one? And what might this tell us about Sylveon?

2Sylveon and another eveelution?? Empty Re: Sylveon and another eveelution?? Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:01 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

I think we all know that I support the new type theory as well (maybe because personally I'm just hoping for it). The thing about Eeveelutions coming in two is a good point though...

http://pokemanacademy.tumblr.com/

3Sylveon and another eveelution?? Empty Re: Sylveon and another eveelution?? Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:21 pm

dietkoolaid

dietkoolaid

Ima bust a combo breaker and think its a bug type just for the Lolz

https://www.youtube.com/user/supergeared

4Sylveon and another eveelution?? Empty Re: Sylveon and another eveelution?? Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:00 pm

PsychoEclipse

PsychoEclipse

A new type is very viable, all things considered; Game Freak did say they wanted Generation V to do everything they wanted to in Gen I but weren't able to, and if Gen V went back full circle, Gen VI is sort of like the new Gen II. If such is the case, we could finally try and work out a cycle for Pokemon games that will allow us to predict the future of the series with greater accuracy. Of course, on the other hand, if sylpheon IS Fairy type, we're either going to have a harder time telling new Normals apart from Fairies, or Normal will lose its hold on the pink pokemon forever. D:

That being said, I'm still convinced it's a Normal Type, if only because it really does look like a skitty, and doesn't seem to have any overwhelmingly fairy-esque features.

http://fanfiction.net/~nocturneofeclipse

5Sylveon and another eveelution?? Empty Re: Sylveon and another eveelution?? Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:19 pm

Reecey-Boy

Reecey-Boy

PsychoEclipse wrote:That being said, I'm still convinced it's a Normal Type, if only because it really does look like a skitty, and doesn't seem to have any overwhelmingly fairy-esque features.

There actually may be an interesting option if Sylveon is indeed a normal type. As it's such a feminine design, we may indeed get two normal type eveelutions.

A 'fairy' type and an 'animal' type, the fairy type evolved from the female and the animal type evolved from the male.

In defence of the fairy type, though, the 'bows' do look like butterfly wings, and Sylveon does have a touch of the magical girl about her. Not to mention the name.

Also, fairy may end up like flying and never be a type on its own, so normal won't lose all its beloved pink pokemon.

6Sylveon and another eveelution?? Empty Re: Sylveon and another eveelution?? Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:47 pm

ultimatepokefan

PsychoEclipse wrote:A new type is very viable, all things considered; Game Freak did say they wanted Generation V to do everything they wanted to in Gen I but weren't able to, and if Gen V went back full circle, Gen VI is sort of like the new Gen II. If such is the case, we could finally try and work out a cycle for Pokemon games that will allow us to predict the future of the series with greater accuracy. Of course, on the other hand, if sylpheon IS Fairy type, we're either going to have a harder time telling new Normals apart from Fairies, or Normal will lose its hold on the pink pokemon forever. D:

That being said, I'm still convinced it's a Normal Type, if only because it really does look like a skitty, and doesn't seem to have any overwhelmingly fairy-esque features.

If it is like a Gen 2 Game, we could remember how they introduced two new types in Gen 2 (dark and steel). So maybe they are doing the same here? Fairy is quite plausible, but then what would be its counter? Gremlin? I think they need a more general term instead of fairy, but it surely is possible.
Normal is also pretty plausible, with it looking like so many other normal types in the game. However, it doesn't look remotely at all like Eevee, who is a normal type. Many think that if they were going to make a normal type eeveelution it would look a lot like Eevee (something like a buneary-lopunny or a mincinno- cincinno thing). Also, they might not have made such a hype about its type if it was just a plain normal type. But then again, it is extremely hard to tell.
A lot of people have been thinking that it is a flying type, but this Im not so sure. You would think that if they were going to make an Eevee-lution of a flying type they would give it rings, not some dumb ribbons. And it hasn't seemed to use any flying type moves at all from what we have seen, but I guess they don't want to give anything away either. The biggest indicator that it MAY be this is because it is opposite to Jolteon - an electric type. And the opposite of this is, of course, flying. I think an Eevee-lution just with wings would be so awesome, instead of ribbons, but I guess anythings possible lately.
Some people have also been saying they are introducing a light type, which is quite similar to fairy. This would mean that its opposite, you would think, would be dark, and apparently electric. The thing with that is there wouldn't be too many light Pokemon that I can think of? Maybe most of the little legendaries like Mew or Celebi, and maybe those who would supposedly be fairy pokemon.
All in all it is incredibly hard to tell!! In my opinion, I still find a new type to be very plausible if in fact they are becoming the Gen 2 of Gen V onwards.

http://ultimatepokefan.tumblr.com

7Sylveon and another eveelution?? Empty Re: Sylveon and another eveelution?? Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:06 am

PsychoEclipse

PsychoEclipse

ultimatepokefan wrote:
Some people have also been saying they are introducing a light type, which is quite similar to fairy. This would mean that its opposite, you would think, would be dark, and apparently electric. The thing with that is there wouldn't be too many light Pokemon that I can think of? Maybe most of the little legendaries like Mew or Celebi, and maybe those who would supposedly be fairy pokemon.

The only problem with the Light type is that it's been a rumor flying around since about 2007-2009, about the same time as the rumors of the 'Cosmic' type. A few of my friends have said it might be a 'Magic' type, which could work. I'd definitely see Mr. Mime being retyped for that, maybe clefairy line, as well. There was that one attack it used in the trailer with cards, or something, I think? It might be nothing, but it might hint that 'Magic' is the new type, I dunno.

8Sylveon and another eveelution?? Empty Re: Sylveon and another eveelution?? Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:04 pm

L-chan the Great

L-chan the Great

I definitely think it's going to be a new type. Sylveon's name doesn't look, well, normal enough. And I don't think they're ever going to make a normal-type evolution. Because it's like, you've got Eevee, the normal-type, and it's like the base/neutral pokemon. So in my head it doesn't make sense for there to be what is a "base/neutral" evolution.

Sorry didn't explain it too well.

I also kinda like the idea that they introduce a sound type, but I'm not too hopeful of that. There are a lot of sound-based moves. But again, not too hopeful.

9Sylveon and another eveelution?? Empty Re: Sylveon and another eveelution?? Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:04 pm

Zia

Zia

My thought is that it's a poison type. There is a species of poison ivy called Toxicodendron Sylvestre, sometimes known as Rhus Sylvestris. It is local to Japan. It has “sylve” right in it’s name, and given that I’m rather doubting there’ll be a new type in XY (I mean, it’s possible, I just don’t see it as the game is already fairly balanced type-wise), it seems like a distinct possibility. I'd post a link to what the plant looks like, as it can be a brilliant pink colour, but I'm getting a message that we're not allowed to post external links until we've been members for a week :/ Anyway, google is your friend if you are interested!

That all being said, it doesn't really fit in with the name of it in other languages - ninfia, nymphali. They're decidedly more towards the fairy or normal theory. Sylveon can definitely be related to sylphs, as well, which are practically nymphs.

I'd personally like best to see it as either a normal or a poison type. I still hold out hope that the eventual normal eeveelution with just be like an eevee with 300% more fluff, however. I'd be sad if it were flying, because I think the design just wastes a lot of what they could do with a flying type. Poison would be neat simply because it looks so innocent while poison is so dark and insidious.

http://mentalcartography.tumblr.com/

10Sylveon and another eveelution?? Empty Re: Sylveon and another eveelution?? Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:27 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Zia wrote:I still hold out hope that the eventual normal eeveelution with just be like an eevee with 300% more fluff.

I think we're all holding out for this

11Sylveon and another eveelution?? Empty Re: Sylveon and another eveelution?? Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:59 pm

L-chan the Great

L-chan the Great

Admin wrote:
Zia wrote:I still hold out hope that the eventual normal eeveelution with just be like an eevee with 300% more fluff.

I think we're all holding out for this
Except for me, because it'll ruin my poor little, incoherent eevee headcanon. Though if there does turn out to be a normal type evolution (using an oval stone maybe? just a random guess, based on nothing), then I won't complain anyway. I adore all the options you get with an eevee, and one of my favorite part of the games is evolving my eevees into each (never trade).

Speaking of how to evolve Sylveon, if it does turn out to be a fairy-type, then who thinks it will evolve using a moonstone like Clefairy and Jigglypuff?

12Sylveon and another eveelution?? Empty Re: Sylveon and another eveelution?? Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:04 pm

Reecey-Boy

Reecey-Boy

L-chan the Great wrote:

Speaking of how to evolve Sylveon, if it does turn out to be a fairy-type, then who thinks it will evolve using a moonstone like Clefairy and Jigglypuff?

I don't think so.

Mostly because if it did, there'd be the question of why you couldn't do it before.

Which is kinda annoying, because we keep ending up with more and more esoteric ways to evolve pokemon as a result.

I don't mind inconsistencies if I can just use an elemental stone to do it.

13Sylveon and another eveelution?? Empty Re: Sylveon and another eveelution?? Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:30 pm

Zia

Zia

If I had to guess, we'll be leveling up an Eevee holding a ribbon of some kind. This may be wholly wrong (likely is, even), but there isn't much to go on at the moment.

14Sylveon and another eveelution?? Empty Re: Sylveon and another eveelution?? Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:33 pm

L-chan the Great

L-chan the Great

Reecey-Boy wrote:
L-chan the Great wrote:

I don't think so.

Mostly because if it did, there'd be the question of why you couldn't do it before.

Which is kinda annoying, because we keep ending up with more and more esoteric ways to evolve pokemon as a result.

That is pretty frustrating. It keeps me constantly checking the internet to try and evolve my pokemon.

15Sylveon and another eveelution?? Empty Re: Sylveon and another eveelution?? Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:36 pm

Reecey-Boy

Reecey-Boy

L-chan the Great wrote:
Reecey-Boy wrote:
L-chan the Great wrote:

I don't think so.

That is pretty frustrating. It keeps me constantly checking the internet to try and evolve my pokemon.

I wasted a whole bunch of money and rare candies because I didn't realise that I needed an oval stone to evolve my Happiny.

16Sylveon and another eveelution?? Empty Re: Sylveon and another eveelution?? Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:59 pm

Perpetual

Perpetual

Well, if we go with the theory that it's a new fairy type, we can almost be sure that there will be another new type, and that there will be another evolution for that type, since the 2 times they've added eevee evolutions, they've come in pairs with one being the other's weakness. Umbreon being the counter-type to Espeon, and Glaceon being the counter-type to Leafeon. So my bigger question would be, what's the opposite type to fairy?

17Sylveon and another eveelution?? Empty Re: Sylveon and another eveelution?? Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:41 am

Zia

Zia

I don't see that that's a given. Dark and steel were not counters. Why can't a fairy-type's weakness be an already existing type? Ghost, perhaps, or even rock? Steel?

18Sylveon and another eveelution?? Empty Re: Sylveon and another eveelution?? Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:20 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

I'd bet they'd make Fairy super effect (SE) dragon to try and nerf it a bit. It's pretty over-powered as it stands IMO

19Sylveon and another eveelution?? Empty Re: Sylveon and another eveelution?? Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:56 am

Reecey-Boy

Reecey-Boy

Perpetual wrote:Well, if we go with the theory that it's a new fairy type, we can almost be sure that there will be another new type, and that there will be another evolution for that type, since the 2 times they've added eevee evolutions, they've come in pairs with one being the other's weakness. Umbreon being the counter-type to Espeon, and Glaceon being the counter-type to Leafeon. So my bigger question would be, what's the opposite type to fairy?

Well, fighting is already super effective against normal types, and normal's ineefective against -

my god, that's it.

Steel.

It'd be steel.

This isn't necessarily a general truth in all of the stories, but fairies and elves don't like iron.

Might we see a Ferreon? Only time will tell.

Actually, that might be a bit trolley of them, if there is going to be a Ferreon, people would probably get that mixed up and think Ferreon is the fairy type because it kinda sounds like it is.

But then again, that might be why they released Sylveon first.

If they release news of a steel eveelution, I think it's safe to say that there's going to be a fairy type and Sylveon is it.

20Sylveon and another eveelution?? Empty Re: Sylveon and another eveelution?? Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:12 am

PsychoEclipse

PsychoEclipse

Reecey-Boy wrote:

Actually, that might be a bit trolley of them, if there is going to be a Ferreon, people would probably get that mixed up and think Ferreon is the fairy type because it kinda sounds like it is.

But then again, that might be why they released Sylveon first.

If they release news of a steel eveelution, I think it's safe to say that there's going to be a fairy type and Sylveon is it.

If there is a second eveelution, even if sylveon is a new type, it's weird that they didn't introduce them both at the same time; I mean, we get the art before the names, and it probably wouldn't be too difficult to point out which typing the other one was. Add to it that as far as we know, there's no extra eveelution appearing in that Pikachu short coming with the Genesect movie, I just don't think we're going to see a second one this time around.

I know it kills the trend, entirely, but previously it was possible to match up every type left in the pool (Sans dragon and ignoring Normal) in such a way that we would get a SE-NE pair. Unless they aren't going to continue that trend in the future, they'd have to release a Dragon eevee this generation, and that would leave the rest of the eevee line a little underwhelming. Maybe it's just my own preference, but if there's going to be a Dragon eevee I would think it would be the final one released.

21Sylveon and another eveelution?? Empty Re: Sylveon and another eveelution?? Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:14 pm

Perpetual

Perpetual

PsychoEclipse wrote:

If there is a second eveelution, even if sylveon is a new type, it's weird that they didn't introduce them both at the same time; I mean, we get the art before the names, and it probably wouldn't be too difficult to point out which typing the other one was. Add to it that as far as we know, there's no extra eveelution appearing in that Pikachu short coming with the Genesect movie, I just don't think we're going to see a second one this time around.

I know it kills the trend, entirely, but previously it was possible to match up every type left in the pool (Sans dragon and ignoring Normal) in such a way that we would get a SE-NE pair. Unless they aren't going to continue that trend in the future, they'd have to release a Dragon eevee this generation, and that would leave the rest of the eevee line a little underwhelming. Maybe it's just my own preference, but if there's going to be a Dragon eevee I would think it would be the final one released.
Eh, I don't think that a dragon would invalidate the rest of them. While offensively, it would probably blow the rest out of the water, you have to remember that glaceon has one of the strongest ice beams in the game. Dragons are strong, but I see them used so much, and they have that pesky weakness to....other dragons. I just don't use them very much (haxorus exluded)

22Sylveon and another eveelution?? Empty Re: Sylveon and another eveelution?? Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:45 pm

PsychoEclipse

PsychoEclipse

It's not so much of invalidation play-wise as it is aesthetic-wise. Mostly, it would just be a way to build the hype, because who doesn't love a new eevee? And I'm sure we can all agree that, as awesome as all of the eveelutions looks, the dragon one is going to end up with one of the best designs. Unless they continue to add new types- which, honestly, we have no real way of predicting until generation ten, if and only if the first four generations prove to hold as a cycle. When the eevee line ends, they're going to want it to go out with a bang, because it's the longest-running and most in-depth evolutionary family they have. This could just be wishful thinking on my part, though.

23Sylveon and another eveelution?? Empty Re: Sylveon and another eveelution?? Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:06 pm

Perpetual

Perpetual

Oh, yeah definitely. Dragon Eevee will probably take the cake

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum