Pokéman Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New fossils? Place your bets!

+3
Admin
Shanesgp
Reecey-Boy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New fossils? Place your bets! Empty New fossils? Place your bets! Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:16 am

Reecey-Boy

Reecey-Boy

With the new generation being announced, it's only safe to assume that there's going to be two new fossil lines.

The question here is, what do you think they might be?

Remember, we've already had: ammonites, horseshoe crabs, pterodactyls, barnacles, anomalocaris, coelacanths (if you count Relicanth, and I do), triceratops (I think), raptors/t-rexes (I think. It's a bit difficult to tell what those two are meant to be), archeopteryxes and early turtles/tortoises.

So, what do you think we might see next? Or, rather, what would you like to see next?

Or do you think they might pull a generation II and not give us any at all?

2New fossils? Place your bets! Empty Re: New fossils? Place your bets! Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:01 pm

Shanesgp

There are no Brontosaurus Pokemon yet, so that's a good possibility. My other bet would be a tiny dinosaur Pokemon like a Microceratus.

3New fossils? Place your bets! Empty Re: New fossils? Place your bets! Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:13 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

I want a mosquito looking thing

http://pokemanacademy.tumblr.com/

4New fossils? Place your bets! Empty Re: New fossils? Place your bets! Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:54 pm

PsychoEclipse

PsychoEclipse

Shanesgp wrote:There are no Brontosaurus Pokemon yet, so that's a good possibility.

Technically we have a brontosaurus- tropius! Also, arguably meganium. But that's if we count more than just the fossil pokemon. I'd say a plesiosaur, because it's really just a water-brontosaurus, but lapras kind of has that covered, too. Not to say they won't do it again, of course, just to say that we technically have them. Razz

A microceratus would definitely be cool, though, they're adorable. Personally, I'd really love a ceratonykus. Ahhh, I want a certonykus pokemon so bad, now! Q.Q They gots such tineh little arms.

http://fanfiction.net/~nocturneofeclipse

5New fossils? Place your bets! Empty Re: New fossils? Place your bets! Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:15 pm

Reecey-Boy

Reecey-Boy

Shanesgp wrote:There are no Brontosaurus Pokemon yet, so that's a good possibility. My other bet would be a tiny dinosaur Pokemon like a Microceratus.

Allow me to put on my 'I used to want to be a palaeontologist' hat here and point out that there was no such thing as a brontosaurus, merely a miscategorised apatosaurus with a mismatched camarasaurus' head.

Now I've stopped being pedantic, allow me to agree! It'd be cool to have a giant sauropod pokemon. It'd be extra cool if they referenced the brontosaurus and made it rock/electric.

And microceratus is adorable, so I'm also up for one of those.

Admin wrote:I want a mosquito looking thing

I also concur here! If they did that I'd hope they'd reference it or a close relative snacking on other pokemon, like Aerodactyl.

I'm rather surprised we haven't seen a trilobite yet.

Personally, I'd like to see a pair of mammalian fossil pokemon. Something like a saber tooth cat, or maybe an Indracathere.

Of course, considering that this new region is probably based on France, we may get an even more exciting possibility.

Mammoths.

6New fossils? Place your bets! Empty Re: New fossils? Place your bets! Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:58 am

dietkoolaid

dietkoolaid

What if some how there are legendary fossils but you would have to go and dig in various areas of the region after you best the elite four that would be exhausting

https://www.youtube.com/user/supergeared

7New fossils? Place your bets! Empty Re: New fossils? Place your bets! Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:52 am

Zia

Zia

I have a sad feeling we won't get any mammalian ones, if only because Mamoswine tended to set a precedent for such being just normal Pokemon :/

Also, wasn't Kabuto a trilobite?

I'd really like to see more aquatic dinosaurs make an appearance. A plesiosaur would be really cool.

http://mentalcartography.tumblr.com/

8New fossils? Place your bets! Empty Re: New fossils? Place your bets! Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:42 am

Reecey-Boy

Reecey-Boy

Zia wrote:I have a sad feeling we won't get any mammalian ones, if only because Mamoswine tended to set a precedent for such being just normal Pokemon :/

Also, wasn't Kabuto a trilobite?

I'd really like to see more aquatic dinosaurs make an appearance. A plesiosaur would be really cool.

Kabuto is based on a horseshoe crab. They've been around for millions of years more or less unchanged and are still extant, as the picture shows.

New fossils? Place your bets! Horses12

Trilobites look very different, they have these very segmented bodies and interestingly, eyes made of rock (compound eyes ability anyone?). Trilobites were very successful during the paleozoic but went extinct during the permian.

New fossils? Place your bets! Trilob10

As for Mamoswine, I was talking about this with a friend of mine and he pointed out that it is a pig and has very boar like features. Nintendo and Game Freak may decide to have a proper mammoth pokemon as well, as they only have one line of elephantine pokemon. They also probably didn't plan the region for x & Y back in Gen IV, and Europe is mostly known for its ice age megafauna when it comes to palaeontology.

On the other hand though, you may be right, and Mamoswine is described as having been around during the ice age.

It just seems a massive shame to waste the mammoths on an evolutionary line of pigs.

9New fossils? Place your bets! Empty Re: New fossils? Place your bets! Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:56 am

ultimatepokefan

They could do a sabertooth tiger fossil? Things from the ice age? (Im actually just thinking of the movie now for ideas haha)

http://ultimatepokefan.tumblr.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum